Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week 9: ALEX & ACCESS


ALEX
What a fantastic website, I immediately saved it to my favorites after checking it out. ALEX is a website that has almost everything a teacher would need to know. You can find help with lesson plans for all subjects and grades. there is a link to inform you of all grant opportunities! Everything is categorized well and easy to find, its probably one of the more easily navigable sites I have seen on the subject. When you come to the Home page of ALEX you are faced with 8 tab choices, simply choice which one your query would fall under and click!

ALEX is a teachers best friend, one could find most everything they needed for class. From a page of useful web links and its own search engine, to a page devoted to professional development this site is a great resource.i know that I will be using it in the future!

ACCESS
I think that Access is a great idea, students will be able to take online course in high school. There is around 40 something classes that students can enroll in. Students were overall pretty satisfied with the courses and some said they enjoyed it more than there regular classroom courses, but did express an interest in having more face to face contact with their teachers. Teachers find the online courses to be a great way of educating the students and would be willing to continue in teaching the course.

This just goes to show how advanced our civilization is and how far we have come from the first classrooms thousands of years ago. For the longest time the only way to get an online course would be if you were in college. Now our high school students can choose to learn online as well as in the classroom. One day I imagine we wont meet for class at all and people will be able to get their education from anywhere in the world. Which also of course means we will be able to teach from anywhere we want :)

2 comments:

  1. Good job. Please add weblinks to the websites in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on ALEX being such a wonderful site. I think that the website will be my hero at times.

    To your comment on ACCESS, I do believe we have moved so far from the past. I can't wait to see what the future brings to us. I will never be able to imagine how far we can go.

    ReplyDelete